Winton Family Spring Open Day: 10th April 2016
You are invited to Winton House's Family Spring Open Day on Sunday 10th of April (12 noon – 4.30 pm) 2016.
Winton's popular annual Family Spring Open Day is part of Scotland's Gardens with funds going to Marie Curie, the charity for terminal illnesses.
As always, we're putting on lots of family entertainment, including:
- Meet Birds of Prey and Lambs.
- Try your hand at Archery.
- Take your children on a Treasure Hunt or Face Painting.
- Guided House Tours: If you're interested in local culture you can go on guided house tours to see Winton's intricate Scottish Renaissance ceilings, and hear about the house's links to the powerful Seton family, Henry VIII, Mary Queen of Scots, Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Elgin Marbles.
- Teas and Light Lunches: Café Winton will be offering its popular homemade sandwiches and cakes. The famous Lucas ice cream van is also likely to make an appearance. Picnics in the grounds are welcome too.
Garden enthusiasts will enjoy walking through the walled and terraced gardens. Most of the plants at Winton are raised from seeds and cuttings in the poly tunnel and glasshouse.
Entry costs are £4 per adult and children are free. Historic house tours are £5 per person (£3 for concessions).
More details will be posted nearer the time. Pre-booking is not required.
Put the date in your diary!
Credits and thanks to Tony Marsh Photography for some of the Open Day photos displayed.